TESL 100- Unit 3 reflection pt.1



Reviewing Unit 3 has been a very interesting experience for me.  As a teacher, especially an English and French teacher, I have spent many years learning about different aspects of language, how to teach language, how language is learned, and my own misconceptions surrounding language.  This unit included an actual English grammar quiz that forced me to critically look at my own knowledge of English and challenged me to think about that knowledge in a way that would allow me to teach it to others. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I went to school in Quebec and my more in-depth grammatical teaching took place in French schools.  As such, I have not received as grammatical training in English and I believe that made it more difficult for me to complete this quiz. I was able to consider some parts of grammar from the perspective of my French education but this was also difficult because I had to think about that concept and how it is applied in French then convert it to English and see if they are the same in this grammatical circumstance.  Although it was hard, I really enjoyed trying to see what my grammatical skill in English actually is and how I can overcome challenges I face based on my own previous experiences.


Brown, D. & Lee H. (2015). Teaching by Principles: An interactive approach to language pedagogy. White Plains, NY: Pearson Education, Inc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TESL 110 - Unit 4

TESL 100 - Unit 8 (Assessment) - "Practice test on video lecture"

TESL 110 - Grammar Activity